A transformation is needed in agency services and funding structures to stabilize the human services system to deliver on its mission ensuring that every child, youth, and family thrives. Insecure and inadequate funding limits nonprofit agencies capacity for creativity and effectiveness. Insolvency and closure are real threats to our community’s human services infrastructure. As COVID continues to ravage our communities, we are engaging policy makers NOW to ensure that our human services are strong and sustainable, in the future and over time.
- Establish a policy to fully fund human services contracts at the cost of doing business within five years.
- Lead the state in keeping children, youth, and adults in their communities when child welfare, juvenile and criminal justice intervene in their lives.
- Renewal strategies for Best Starts for Kids include:
- A geographical pilot Youth-Centric system developed from the Youth System Plan drafted by the Brave Commitments partners.
- Include annual cost of living adjustments in cost of doing business contracts for all Best Starts for Kids investments.